Thursday, July 21, 2011

I am really struggling in my Anatomy and Physiology Lecture and Lab. What do I do?

I am a 24 year old stay-at-home mom and I am currently taking summer classes at Xavier University in Cincinnati, Ohio. I am taking an Anatomy and Physiology lab and lecture and I am really really struggling to keep up with the material because the class is accelerated and I have to admit that the bulk of the material taught I have never learned. I haven't taken a science course since I was a sophomore in high school and of course, because the class is accelerated I only have two or three days to learn concepts I have never learned before and it has been really difficult. I spend an average of 2 hours a night going over the material before I go to bed. When I have a test, I will stay up for two or three days straight to study and despite all of my efforts, the highest grade I have gotten is a C after my lecture professor gave us a 9 point curve on it. I have failed everything in lab which consists of two quizzes and 1 test. I have gotten so desperate that I actually bought a skeleton model for my test over bone anatomy and bone markings next week It's so depressing to go there almost every day knowing I have no idea what is going on. I actually leave crying. Dropping the course is not an option for me since I have already accepted all aid that was given to me. I also don't really want to give up. I have only been in the class for two weeks. Please help. I tried to see if the school offered tutoring, but they don't offer tutoring in the summer time. Please if you have any advice, guidance, or suggestions please let me know. Paying for a tutor isn't really an option for me either because tuition is so expensive at Xavier because it's a private catholic university.

No comments:

Post a Comment