Wednesday, July 13, 2011

What are my chances of getting into Stanford University or Columbia University?

Okay, so I really really want to go to either Stanford or Columbia University. I kno that the odds are really slim, but I still want to see if i really have a chance. I want to major in biology, for pre-med. I just ended my freshman year. My freshman year schedule was honors algebra 2(a class for juniors), honors biology(a class for sophomores), honors english 1, and honors world cultures. I finished this year with a 3.9 GPA. Next year, I got into honors chemistry, honors geometry, honors english 2, and honors us history 1. For my junior year, I plan on taking AP English 3, Honors Physics, U.S. History 2, Law and Mock Trial, Honors Trigonometry and Analytic Geometry, and The History of Psychology. In my senior year, I plan on taking AP psychology, AP Calculus, AP Biology, AP English 4, AP American History, and Human Anatomy and Physiology. I'm also taking four years of Spanish. Are these good classes to take for pre-med? Also, I'm in my school's Key Club, gymnastics, I plan on doing track next year, the woman's choir, color guard, and I'm also going to join the Future Leaders of Medicine club next year. I have participated in Healthlinks, a club for ppl interested in medicine as well. Next month, I'm going into a summer program for medicine as well. I have volunteer hours from Key Club, am volunteering at my library over the summer, and babysit. I play the piano very well, and I'm also a minority! Next year when I'm 16 I can start volunteering at the nearby hospitals! I am also traveling to Europe in 2013 for a summer program. For my essay, I was thinking about sending a video of me saying it instead of a piece of paper. Is that a good idea? I have not taken the SAT's yet, but my PSAT scores were pretty good for a freshman and I'm taking SAT Prep. Can you tell me if I'm on the right track, and if these schools would accept me? Thanks!! :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment